THE URGENCY TO COMBAT C. DIFFICILE INFECTION
Clostridium difficile is the leading cause of infectious diarrhea in hospitals and long-term care facilities in industrialized countries. As well as causing mild to severe diarrhea, this bacterium can also initiate potentially fatal intestinal disorders such as inflammation of the large intestine, toxic megacolon and sepsis. Rapid, sensitive and specific diagnosis of the presence of C. difficile is therefore essential for the implementation of effective infection control measures and adapted therapy.
FACILITATING EARLY DETECTION OF C. DIFFICILE INFECTION
The GenePOC CDiff assay is a qualitative in vitro diagnostic test to detect the toxin B gene of C. difficile in liquid or soft stool specimens. Performing this test enables healthcare professionals to detect the presence of C. difficile within 70 minutes after obtaining a stool specimen from a patient. Early detection can lead to better control and management of C. difficile infection, which in turn can help to improve patient health, reduce the risk of infection transmission of the infection, and potentially lower mortality and morbidity.
- Easy-to-use: 3 steps in 1 minute.
- Flexible: Adapts to your throughput, allowing up to 8 samples in one run of 70 minutes.
- Precise: Real-time PCR technology.
- Data Management: Displayed on touchscreen, printed, transferred or stored.
- Quality Assurance: Embedded process control to monitor sample processing and ensure optimal quality.
- Waste minimization: Small consumable size resulting in significant reduction of medical waste and associated cost.